- This event has passed.
Minnetonka memory cafe
January 15 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFREE
A memory café is a welcoming place for people with cognitive impairment and their caregivers to socialize and share experiences. This café experience is facilitated by a licensed social worker from Senior Community Services.
Third Tuesday of every month
Minnetonka Community Center, Minnetonka Mills Room 14600 Minnetonka Blvd.
- Create: Stay in the moment with an arts activity led by an instructor experienced working with seniors and dementia from the Minnetonka Center for the Arts.
- Connect: Enjoy coffee, a snack and a chance to socialize and meet other families living with dementia.
- Stretch: Try a short exercise activity for people with all abilities designed by the YMCA.
- Learn: Check out books, resources and programs about living with dementia from Hennepin County Library and the Minnetonka Community Center.
- Relax: A trained nursing assistant or caregiver experienced in helping people living with dementia will be on-site to
assist individuals as needed.
This is a free event, but registration is required.
Call Senior Services at 952-939-8393.
Special needs or barriers can be accommodated.
The Minnetonka Memory Café is part of the City of Minnetonka’s continuing efforts to make Minnetonka a more dementia-friendly community. This café is brought to you by the City of Minnetonka, Hennepin County Library, Minnetonka Center for the Arts, Minnetonka Senior Services, Ridgedale YMCA and Senior Community Services.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board,
thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.